With the holiday season in full effect, your mouth is at an increased risk for numerous oral ailments and tooth hazards that can arise. Don’t forget that plaque and bacteria continue to be the main source of dental damage that you constantly need to be aware of. Because brushing your teeth after meals can often be too abrasive due to a heightened tooth sensitivity, it is important to use an alternative cleaning tool such as mouthwash or chewing gum. Ask yourself the following questions to determine if chewing gum is right for you:
– Were you aware that sugarless gum is important for saliva flow, which is a known substance created by your mouth to assist with providing disease-fighting substances for your oral health and can effectively neutralize harmful acids?
– Have you heard that chewing gum for 20 minutes after meals can be effective for preventing cavities?
– Are you aware of the benefits that sugarless gum can provide for your mouth after meals when your teeth are extremely sensitive?
– Did you know that sugarless gum is less abrasive on your teeth and toothpaste?
– Are you aware that sugarless gum can be used to help treat and prevent heartburn?
– Did you know that chewing sugarless gum is much better than traditional gum, which contains sugars that can chew through your enamel?
If you are looking to improve your smile with a smile makeover at New Prague Gentle Dental Care, you are welcome to set up an appointment with Dr. Gregory Dvorak and our team at our dentist office. Contact us at 952-758-3003. We are here to serve as your dentist in New Prague, Minnesota to give you the oral health care you need.